Custom Machining Company in Kaukauna, WI
Mid Valley Industries, LLC has proudly served customers across a range of industries with custom machine and fabrication services since 1996. If you have a blueprint for a custom machine part, we are here to help. Our facility in Kaukauna, WI allows us to provide comprehensive manufacturing services to a global marketplace. We are proud to be one of the premier custom machining and fabrication shops in the Midwest.
Our company is committed to quality, safety, and total customer satisfaction. We work together to deliver the highest-quality products manufactured to our customers’ exact specifications. We are driven by the highest quality standards and a close attention to detail.
At MVI, we strive to hire and work with hardworking, talented machinists and welders from throughout the area. We offer an upbeat and positive team atmosphere. Management supports, and is attentive to, the needs of every employee. Our facility is also climate-controlled and fully air conditioned, so you will always work comfortably! If you live in the Kaukauna, Appleton or Greenbay areas, call us.
MVI is in search for a Class-A Machinist. The ideal candidate would meet the requirements listed below.
- A minimum of 5 years of CNC machining experience and/or a 1-2 year technical degree
- Engineering Blueprint reading skills
- Proficient with trigonometry and geometry and should be able to do all trigonometry calculations using a calculator and/or book
- Reading and editing all G-code programs and identify and change all program aspects according to dimensional changes as needed
- Able to write, edit, and read complex programs with variety of features and specifications including sub-programs, taper adjustments, cutter comp, and circle interpolate
- Able to create all programs efficiently when given a print and specifications
- Lathe operators must be highly proficient in FAPT or Mazak programming
- Proficient knowledge of surface footage of material, speeds and feeds including ability to apply speeds and feeds knowledge to specialty material; make changes needed to help efficiently produce parts
- Proficient knowledge of insert identification and appropriate application and know grades, geometry, uses, identification numbers, etc.
- Must have complete knowledge of tooling and insert specifications and be able to identify tooling by looking at it
- Able to problem-solve and troubleshoot and create alternative solutions to accomplish varied machining specifications
- Able to work unsupervised
What We Offer
- A people-first culture encouraging trust, collaboration, communication, and equity among all members of the company
- A family-oriented company with family-friendly schedules
- An environment where all members are encouraged to be engaged in individual and company success by participating through their ideas, observations, suggestions, and ongoing development
- A warm and casual yet professional office environment accompanied by a clean, modern, climate-controlled manufacturing facility
- Compensation and vacation negotiable based on past experience, proven education, and skills
- Exceptional Group Benefits enhanced by additional attractive and generous bonus programs, incentives, and perks to include employee engagement and appreciation programs
- $2 per hour shift premium
- Paid Lunch
- OVERTIME AVAILABLE
Shift Schedules Currently Available
- 4-10s (Monday – Thursday from 2:45 p.m. – 12:45 a.m.)
- 3-12s (Sunday – Tuesday from 2:45 p.m. – 2:45 a.m.) *Work 36 hours get paid for 40
- 3-12s (Wednesday – Friday from 2:45 p.m. – 2:45 a.m.) *Work 36 hours get paid for 40
CNC Experience That Is Recommended
- Slant Bed Lathe
- Flat Bed Lathe
- Vertical Turning Lathe(VTL)
- Write accurate, detailed set-up sheets and notes in programs
- Fabrication of tooling as needed for production and creation of prints that specify what types of tooling are needed including size, shape, and material
- Multi-task while machine is running. Must be able to start machine and work on deburring, cleaning, programming, helping others, etc.
- Run like machines – lathe operators will be able to run all similar style lathes, and mill operators will be able to run all similar style mills
- Communicate with machine partner effectively
- Create simple to complicated set-ups
- Look several jobs in advance ensuring programs, tooling, materials, and set-ups are ready
- Run manual machines for general applications
- Use all inspection equipment and, if needed, step in as an inspector
- Other responsibilities as required
The Programmer reports to the Programming Manager and is responsible for developing machining instructions and programs based on blue prints provide by the customer. Other duties & responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing process/procedures and equipment, with five years manufacturing experience or equivalent education college degree.
- Advanced Tooling Knowledge (speeds, feeds, geometry, coatings, etc.)
- Advanced Knowledge of Master Cam.
- Advanced Blueprint Reading Skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to multitask.
- Advanced computer skills.
What We Offer
- A people-first culture encouraging trust, collaboration, communication, and equity among all members of the company.
- A family-oriented company with family-friendly schedules.
- An environment where all members are encouraged to be engaged in individual and company success by participating through their ideas, observations, suggestions, and ongoing development.
- A warm and casual yet professional office environment accompanied by a clean, modern, air-conditioned manufacturing facility.
- Competitive compensation and vacation negotiable based on past experience and skills.
- Exceptional Group Benefits enhanced by additional attractive and generous bonus programs, incentives, and perks to include employee engagement and appreciation programs.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation and revisions of machining programs.
- Responsible for programs that allow MVI to achieve annual targets in on time delivery, quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
- Aid in and/or train Production Employees as required to improve production and increase quality.
- Encourage and facilitate Continuous Improvements daily to increase both production and quality.
- Evaluate, identify and recommend / implement new production processes, tooling, fixturing and methods to improve production, reduce costs and increase quality.
- Aid in the quoting process as required.
Submit Your Resume
Your resume must be uploaded in Word format. Please indicate which position you are applying for.
For more information about our current openings or to apply for a position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today at 920-412-8736, or submit your resume using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.